There's a bit much to explain but this page has the main points you're
looking for:

https://www.scconfigmgr.com/2016/06/09/dynamically-install-applications-in-a-mdt-integrated-task-sequence-with-configmgr/

You don't necessarily have to stick this default convention, you can define
your own as an additional property and change the install application step
to use your custom Property as the base variable name: Example: HRApp
custom property can use - HRApp001, HRApp002, MarketingApp property can use
-  MarketingApp001, MarketingApp002, etc.

The trick there is how you define it:  [Settings] Properties =
MyCustomProperty, HRApp(*)

Two things to note: you can't skip numbers, defining 003 then 005 won't
process correctly, and you have to “allow applications to be installed
during Task Sequence without being deployed”. There is a script which
allows you to make this change en masse:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mniehaus/2008/10/02/allow-this-program-to-be-installed-from-the-install-software-task-sequence-without-being-advertised/

Always test in DEV, of course :)