If we are talking about new (sophisticated) instructions, I believe the
most interesting question is an ability to use them.
First option here is C/C++ intrinsics, but I'm not sure if any compiler
besides Intel's one supports them (may be gcc?)
Second option is auto-generating of these instructions. From my point of
view it's even more difficult questions who is able to generate these
instructions automatically.

--Sergey