Thread.currentThread is a compiler intrinsic, and is not actually a native
call.  If you look at the JVM source, you can see it's identified in
vmSymbols.hpp, and linked (eventually) to this implementation:

https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/file/f0fec71d2fff/src/hotspot/share/opto/library_call.cpp#l2937