http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/01/14advisory.html

January 14, 2009

Apple Media Advisory

Apple CEO Steve Jobs today sent the following email to all 
Apple employees:

Team,

I am sure all of you saw my letter last week sharing something very 
personal with the Apple community. Unfortunately, the curiosity over 
my personal health continues to be a distraction not only for me and 
my family, but everyone else at Apple as well. In addition, during 
the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more 
complex than I originally thought.

In order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health, 
and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary 
products, I have decided to take a medical leave of absence until the 
end of June.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for Apple's day to day 
operations, and I know he and the rest of the executive management 
team will do a great job. As CEO, I plan to remain involved in major 
strategic decisions while I am out. Our board of directors fully 
supports this plan.

I look forward to seeing all of you this summer.

Steve

***********************************
* POST TO [email protected] *
***********************************

Medianews mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.etskywarn.net/mailman/listinfo/medianews

Reply via email to