For the action API I think you're looking for an extra property, *pageviews*.
Maybe something like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ApiSandbox#action=query&format=json&prop=extracts%7Cinfo%7Cpageimages%7Cpageviews%7Cpageterms%7Cpageprops%7Crevisions&generator=mostviewed&exchars=512&exlimit=max&exintro=1&explaintext=1&exsectionformat=plain&inprop=url&pithumbsize=640&pilimit=max&pvipdays=8&wbptterms=description%7Calias%7Clabel&gpvimlimit=20