Hi,

Over the past few months, I've been working with LFaraone, Faidon, and
Moritz on updating the super old 1.19.x Debian package of MediaWiki to
use a more modern version (currently 1.25.x) and just generally improve
the quality of it. (Yes, it uses MySQL by default, not postgres!)

It's currently waiting in the "new" queue[1], but if you'd like to test
it out, I've uploaded the debs at [2]. If you find any bugs or have
feature requests, you can let me know or file a request in the
MediaWiki-Debian[3] Phabricator project. The debian/ files used to
create the package can be found in Gerrit in the mediawiki/debian
repository[4].

[1] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
[2] https://people.wikimedia.org/~legoktm/debian/
[3] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/mediawiki-debian/