Aye, these are valid points, and there are very real issues with what we have (and don't have) currently.

But why do we need a separate organisation to address them? Why can they not be addressed at home, on mw.org? Why hasn't any of this consolidation happened already, before adding another level of complexity?

Some comments inline, too, but they're less relevant to my main point/question.