Hi Dianna,

I was aware that this would be a problem when I gave you this attribute
before.  The answer to your question is "Yes"... you can use attributes
to enable users to go back and change their response to a query and then
use that response in another query.  However, this will involve creating
a process using IFE, DFT, and the FCL1/FCL1A attributes... all working
together!  I would not recommend that someone that is new to working
with attributes try to create something this complex.

Here's the general idea:

You will have to use the IFE to assign the previous response entered in
the query (stored as either [ANS,"YOURQUERY"]|0 or
/[ANS%0,"YOURQUERY"]|0) to a variable.  Then nil the previous response
to the query.

Next, use a DFT attribute to default the value of your variable.  By
using the IFE to delete the temp. response value and then using the DFT
to default that same value, this will trick Meditech into treating the
response as a newly entered response when the user moves back to
previous queries.  Doing so will cause the FCL's to again execute their
logic!

This has been the easy part!  Since we are creating a variable that is
used to prevent the user from using the same response more than once, we
need to nil the variable that was created for the first response if the
user moves back into a query.  This way, if they keep the same response,
the FCL will again create the same variable.  But if they now change
their response, the old variable no longer exists and the FCL will
create the appropriate variable for the new response.

If you need more help with this... I will help you as I can. (Please
understand that I can't justify spending a tremendous amount of time
helping another facility while on the clock here!)  Again, if you don't
have a good understanding of attributes, this can be a frustrating
experience and may be best left until you have time to learn a little
more about how/when attributes work.

Best wishes,
Kenny Whiteside

Kenny Whiteside BSN, RN
Patient Care Information Systems
Catawba Valley Medical Center
810 Fairgrove Church Road
Hickory, NC 28602
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Harrington, Dianna" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 05/02/2007 11:49:30 AM

Hi all. Awhile back I had asked for some help with an attribute and
someone kindly helped me. At this time I no longer have the mail and
can't remember who it was!   The attribute works great, except if the
user has entered in a wrong value and has to change it. They then get
the error message that "this response has already been used".

The scenario is that they are entering in Priorities for their Care
Plan
and we can only use a # once; they can also use NA.  This is the
attribute that is on the query:

[EMAIL PROTECTED],(VAR="NA") "";/ABU[VAR] 1;1^/ABU[VAR],""}

[EMAIL PROTECTED]("This response has already been used!")

Is there a way to change this so that they can delete a number and
renumber without getting the error?

TIA for your help.

Dianna Harrington

MIS Department

Clinical Systems Analyst

The William W. Backus Hospital

Norwich, CT 06360

Personal Data - Privacy Act of 1974 (PL 93-579)

This transmission is intended to be confidential to the individual(s)
and/ or
entity to whom addressed. It may contain information of a privileged
and/or
confidential nature, which may be subject to protection under the
Privacy Act of
1974 and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
(HIPAA) of
1996. In the event you are not the intended recipient or the agent of
the
intended recipient, or you are unable to deliver this communication to
the
intended recipient, do not read, copy, or use this information
contained within
this transmission, or allow it to be read, copied or utilized in any
manner, by
any other person(s).

Should this transmission be received in error or there is a problem
with the
transmission, please notify the above named sender immediately at the
telephone
number provided

The William W. Backus Hospital
326 Washington St
Norwich CT 06360
860 889-8331

dangerous content, and is
believed to be clean.

dangerous content, and is
believed to be clean.

To check the status of the meditech-l, visit MTUsers.NET.

For help, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the MTUsers WikiPedia at MTUsers.NET/mwiki