On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, xqhuang wrote:
I want to calculate the SW(surface waves) band structure of a dispersive slab.I can get the rigorous result by TMM.But the result calculated by Meep is not consistent with the theoretical result. I don't know why.Attachment is the ctl file. Thanks in advance!

Meep should give the correct results. Most likely you are misinterpreting the units, e.g. note that the units of k have a factor of 2pi, etcetera. Also, if your intention is that the structure be uniform in the x direction, it should have no-size in that direction -- by setting the size to be 0.5, you are setting an artificially large periodicity (a supercell) that will result in a "folded" band structure (which always results from a supercell...this is a mathematical consequence of formulating the question in the wrong way, and is independent of the specific computational method). More than that, I can't say, since you don't give details on how the results are "not consistent".

Cordially,
Steven G. Johnson