To get the fields for the same point in space, you can just use one of
the supplied interpolation routines as defined in the manual, such as
get-field-pt.  The HDF5 output routines also interpolate all the
fields onto the same spatial grid.  Also, the built-in field-
integration routines (see the reference manual) also interpolate the
fields onto the same spatial grid for you --these routines may be
useful to you if you want to integrate the stress tensor.

To get the fields for the same *time*, you will need to do some
averaging yourself.   In particular, each time step first steps H and
then steps E (and D), so the E (and D) field is always half a time-
step ahead of the H field.  So, for example, you could output HDF5
files for E and H from two consecutive time steps, and use the *first*
E field with the *average* of the two H fields.

To do this averaging within Meep is possible, but is a bit tricky
right now from the Scheme interface.  To see how it is done in C++,
see the implementation of fields::flux_in_box in src/
energy_and_flux.cpp.

Or you could just ignore the time difference and use E and H at
slightly different times; this will still converge as you increase
resolution, but is only first-order-accurate in the resolution.

Steven