Hi Andreas,

If your source is very narrow band, does the shift reduce to zero?

I was having a similar problem:
http://www.mail-archive.com/meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg02073.html

Steven explained in a different thread why this is the case in meep:
http://www.mail-archive.com/meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg00456.html

His argument is that broadband simulations are only used for transfer
has a shift (or isn't even really gaussian).

In your case you don't have normalization.  You just set off a pulse in
your cavity and measure the resonances.  If I understand correctly, the
only way around the problem would be to run several narrowband
simulations (this defeats the benefit of a time domain simulation).

I would much rather prefer it if the gaussian sources of meep behaved
the way one would expect them to, but this seems to cause some stability
issues.

Kind Regards,
Matt