Hi---

I am curious about modifying the analytical forms of dispersive dielectric
materials in MEEP.  I have been trying to fit the optical dielectric
functions of Si to Lorentz and Drude lineshapes (as encapsulated in MEEP)
with little success.  (As an aside, if you allow the parameters to be
complex, you can make excellent fits to the data with a single Lorentzian
oscillator.  It isn't possible with <5 oscillators with real parameters).

Deinga and John (Optics Letters, 37, 112 (2012)) have shown recently that
if you modify the  Lorentz susceptibility to have an additional term in the
numerator that is proportional to omega, you can make excellent fits to the
data.

My question is: how difficult would it be to implement this form in MEEP?
 Is it possible?  Alternatively, if a good model for Si is known in the
MEEP community that utilizes the built-in functions, could someone pass
along a reference?

Thanks,

Rob