Hi,

Assuming that the fields are not drastically different, this might have to
do with the Yee algorithm: i.e. one output leads/lags the other one by half
a time-step. Perhaps a visual check on the progression of the fields in
time can shed some light into the matter.

Regards,

Abdullah

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Jakob helander
<perjakobhelan...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everbody!
>
> I use the C++ version of Meep for analyzing the magnetic field in a ring
> resonator. I have been saving the data for the Hz field for every time step
> in the same location in two different ways, using the output_hdf5 & the
> get_field - command.
>
>   while (f.time() < stop_time_unit)
>   {
>     f.step();
>     f.output_hdf5(Hz, sens_loc, &hz_file, true);
>     hz = f.get_field(Hz, sens_loc);
>       .
>       .
>       .
>   }
>
> Somehow, the output are different from each other and I can't seem to
> localize the problem. Does anybody know what the problem might be?
>
> Regards, Jakob Helander

Abdullah Al Rashid

Graduate Student
Theory of Nanophotonics and Photonic Materials
Department of Physics
University of Toronto

Mailing Address:
60 St. George St