Dear MEEP developers and users,
in our team, we employ MEEP to solve various problems and it is very
useful. However, now and then we encounter some important functions to
be missing. Most of them may be somehow written in Python code, but
they would be the most efficient if hard-coded in the C++ source.

One such function is the AmplitudeMonitorPlane(volume, component),
which averages the field over a defined volume() and records the
spatial average for each timestep. It is essential e. g. for
s-parameter calculation.

I am planning to write this important function in the MEEP source,
however I would like first to be assured that my effort will not be
duplicated and that it would be incorporated to the trunk also for the
benefit of other users. (There are many other features to be written,
too.)

I am looking forward for your opinion,
Filip