Hello Steven and Meep users,
I am trying to simulate an optical resonator, and I want to use
cylindrical coordinates to take advantage of symmetry. In particular,
the geometry is a mirror at, say z = 1 and another mirror at z = 5,
and the resonator has radius 5, for example, with PML around. I have
defined the geometry, but I have a problem defining a source. I want a
Gaussian point dipole source on the cylinder axis but with the dipole
pointing in what would be x-direction (or equivalently y-direction) in
Cartesian coordinates. How can I do that? If I define Er, that's
wrong, I get nothing. If I define Ep, well, I also get nothing. And if
I define Ez, well, that's the wrong direction, because that's not a
transverse field and it cannot reflect from the mirrors, so I only get
noise. How can I solve this problem?
Thanks,
Oleksiy (TU Delft)