Dear Steven and meep users

Recently I tried to use meep to do calculation on nonlinear. But I’m confused
on the calculation of refractive index change caused by nonlinear. This note
(http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Units_and_nonlinearity_in_Meep) gives
some details about my question, but I didn’t understand. What I got from this
note is follow.  Firstly  I set the chi3 in the ctl file ,so I can calculate
the n2. In order to obtain the change of refractive index, I also need get  the
power going through the structure by using the meep-fields-flux-in-box
function. My first question is which function should I use. What I tried is
(flux-in-box dir box). Moreover ,my structure is a two-dimensional Photonic
crystal(X direction is transmission direction, Y is transverse direction), and
the direction of the function (flux-in-box dir box) is perpendicular to the
box. Does it mean the direction dir is Z ? So I hope you can give me an example
of calculating the nonlinear effect on refractive index, a ctl file is better
if it is convenient.Thank you very much.

   Yours

Lin Wang