Dear Prem,
as far as I know, this task would require either
1) to build the desired structure by overlapping a big (potentially
infinite) number of overlapping blocks,
or
2) load the structure pixel-by-pixel either from a data file, or from
a mathematical expression.
I spent several days implementing the 2nd way in Python and now I can
define virtually any inclined/bent/distorted object. Some info is at
http://fzu.cz/~dominecf/misc/meep/ and I can send the fresh sources to
you. But it uses python-meep.
F.