Dear Prof Johnson, MEEP developers and users,

I tried to cross-compile Meep with Intel compiler and Intel MPI. I
followed the guide here
https://www.mail-archive.com/meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg02646.html.

The single thread Meep configured, compiled and ran without trouble on
the Xeon Phi with the following configure options:

 export CC=icc
 export FC=ifort
 export F90=ifort
 export F77=ifort
 export CXX=icpc
 export FLAGS='-mmic'
 export CFLAGS='-mmic'
 export FFLAGS=$FLAGS
 export FCFLAGS=$FLAGS
 export F90FLAGS=$FLAGS
 export F77FLAGS=$FLAGS
 export CXXFLAGS=$FLAGS
 export I_MPI_MIC=enable
 export LDFLAGS='-mmic
-Wl,-rpath,/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/compiler/lib/mic/ '

./configure --host=x86_64-k1om-linux  --without-libctl --without-hdf5
--without-blas --enable-static --disable-shared

However, using Intel MPI, ./configure fails. When I tried to use the
MPI libraries for the Xeon Phi, ./configure fails with the following
output:

checking for mpic++... no
checking for mpiCC... no
checking for mpicxx... mpicxx
checking for MPI_Init... no
checking for MPI_Init in -lmpi... no
checking for MPI_Init in -lmpich... no
configure: error: could not find mpi library for --with-mpi

When I tried to include the MPI libraries for intel64, it continues past
that point and fail with the following output:

checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... unknown
configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails
See `config.log' for more details

It was compiled with the following options:

 export CC=icc
 export FC=ifort
 export F90=ifort
 export F77=ifort
 export CXX=icpc
 export MPI_C=mpiicc
 export MPI_CXX=mpiicpc
 export FLAGS='-mmic'
 export CFLAGS='-mmic'
 export FFLAGS=$FLAGS
 export FCFLAGS=$FLAGS
 export F90FLAGS=$FLAGS
 export F77FLAGS=$FLAGS
 export CXXFLAGS=$FLAGS
 export I_MPI_MIC=enable
 export LDFLAGS='-mmic
-Wl,-rpath,/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/compiler/lib/mic/ '
 export LDFLAGS=$LDFLAGS'
-L/opt/intel/impi/4.1.1.036/mic/lib/<http://4.1.1.30/mic/lib/>
 '
 export LDFLAGS=$LDFLAGS'
-L/opt/intel/impi/4.1.1.036/intel64/lib/<http://4.1.1.30/intel64/lib/>
 '
 ./configure --with-mpi  --host=x86_64-k1om-linux  --without-libctl
--without-hdf5 --without-blas --enable-static --disable-shared

Due to the size limit of the mailing list, I post the config.log here:

http://tny.cz/0d952c04

Many thanks and Best regards.