Von: uodgl
Gesendet: Montag, 24. Februar 2014 13:25
An: 'meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu'
Betreff: Read data to define source

Dear meep users,

it turned out that the simulation of a tightly focused laser beam with an
obstacle in proximity to the focal spot is way more challenging than I thought
it would be. I use MATLAB in order to compute the unperturbed electric field
distribution in a plane at a certain distance from the focus. Fitting these
results seems to be a hopeless task, so I would like to import them into meep
in order to define the amplitude function of my source.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.science.electromagnetism.meep.general/2286/match=read+data
This article says that reading data into an array is possible using the C++
interface. Subsequently a function is needed that interpolates the points in
the array.

My question is: Can you please give me some lines of C++ code that show how to
read a .mat file (or any other clever file format, for that matter) and, most
important, how to implement the interpolating function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Best regards,
Laura