Dear all,

Together with two colleagues I am studying a 2D chirped photonic crystal
and we are interested in the TM-modes. We have excited our system with a
E_z source and found the localized modes we were looking for (!). The
crystal has mirror planes in both, say, the x- and y-direction. Symmetric
modes we could easily excite selectively by placing the source on one or
both ax(i/e)s.
Is there a (un)similar 'trick', to do this for the anti-symmetric ones?
I hope you can help us with this question.

Thank you very much for your attention and all your efforts in advance.

Best regards, Maarten Dobbelaar