This appears exactly as the result of the said effect.
The good point is that the gaussian source shape is reasonably
preserved upon differentiation, so you may pre-compensate it by
"fcen=0.40".
Or, if you have tighter requirements on the source, you may use the
newly implemented feature of band-source (), which guarantees flat
spectrum and suppressed spectral leakage. Its advantages are a
tradeoff with a much longer source duration. You would also have to
compile the fresh version of MEEP from github.
Filip