Hi, Gib,
it appears there are two resonant modes relatively close in frequency
(separated by 1/4 of their center frequency, as you wrote). You may
wish to set the 'width' to some reasonable value  so that the spectrum
of the source is narrower.
http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Meep_Reference

Of course, there is also the possibility to run the simulation for
longer time, so that the ringing decays, or to use the
frequency-domain solver. Both could be especially useful if you were
interested what the resonances stem from.

Filip