Dear Vladimir,

If you decide to build the latest version of MEEP, you can find Meep and MPB installation instructions in Russian at Geektimes
http://geektimes.ru/post/248514/

best wishes
pavel

On 01/06/15 08:49, Filip Dominec wrote:
Dear Vladimir and all interested,
to my knowledge there is no precompiled MEEP of the version 1.3 for
Debian-based systems. Version 1.2.1 has been readily available for
over a year thanks to Thorsten Alteholz.

I prepared a compilation script, and planned to package the very
latest MEEP and Python-meep on my own (and to publish them in my own
PPA repository), but I ran into problems of incompatibility with the
important HDF5 library. I observed this in the latest Debian Jessie
and Ubuntu 14.10, 15.04. The first sign of problems in the compilation
output is on the line with "checking for H5Pcreate in -lhdf5... no",
see the full output of Debian Jessie:
https://github.com/FilipDominec/python-meep-install/blob/master/debian-jessie.log#L210
I think this is related to a new version of libhdf*.

Until I spare enough time to resolve how to compile MEEP that would be
again able to export data in the HDF5 format, I can not proceed with
packaging. Any hints are appreciated from anybody.

Best regards,
Filip