Hi Meep Discuss,

I'm simulating whispering gallery TE & TM modes on 3D cylindrical discs,
and am telling Meep to simulate them assuming rotational symmetry of the
structure & fields (up to the angular dependence *m*). I want to calculate
the mode volume for the resonant modes of my structure, where I define the
mode volume to be :

V = integral epsilon |E|^2 / max epsilon |E|^2

I'm attempting to use the integrate-field-function and
max-abs-field-function to make this calculation, although it is unclear how
meep is treating the complex parts of the field during the integration.
Also, what are the units of these outputs?

Many thanks,

meep-discuss mailing list