Dear Meep community:

We have prepared an installation shell script for parallel PyMeep on Ubuntu 16.04. This involves building OpenMPI and HDF5 from source and linking it with the Python library mpi4py. Most of the Python tutorial examples have been added to the documentation. These scripts can be found in the python/examples subdirectory of the source.

The official release of PyMeep including additional updates to the documentation will happen later this month. In the meantime, we welcome your comments and feedback; particularly bug reports.

Cordially,

Ardavan Oskooi