Dear kind meepers,

I used to run a code that was working quite fine, but returns now an error.
The code part of the code that is not working is in the form:

/(define-param band? false) //
//(cond     ((equal? band? false)    (define-param supercell-x 80)) //
//    (else (define-param supercell-x 1)) /

I want to use conditional definitions to be able to control externally the type of computation I wanna run and also the different parameters, as I have this kind of line in other places of the script.

The error returned is:

/definition in expression context, where definitions are not allowed, in form (define supercell-x (if (defined? (quote supercell-x)) supercell-x 80))/

Though I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do with it. Should I copy this syntax or try to avoid it ?

Another example later on in my file, which I use to set the output file names:
/(cond     ((equal? grandguide? true)//
//            (define Guide (string-append "W" (number->string (+ 1 (* 2 decal))) "r" (number->string r))))//
//            (else (define Guide ""))//

If you have any idea how to rewrite this, it would be very helpful.

Thank you

Léonard