Hello,

I want to simulate the propagation effects of EM waves generated by a lightning
stroke, for which usually an I(z,t) is given (lightning channel current).
Is there any way to tell PyMeep that the source is a current I (and not Ex, Hx,
etc)?
If not, then I think the only way to find something descriptive for the
lightning channel would be to calculate the  corresponding
Hy and use this as a source, right?

Also, for a custom function, I guess I will need meep.CustomSource and the
src_func as parameter. But I haven't figured out yet how put those parameters
together, because I haven't found any example (maybe I have overseen something
in the docs). Could you give me a short one, please?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Hannes