Hi Saeed,

Please describe the issue you experienced with the conda package so I can
help troubleshoot.

Here are the line-by-line instructions for getting a working Meep
enviornment:

You already have miniconda installed, so first ensure you have the base
environment active:

$ conda activate base

Next, create an environment called "mp" for your meep installation. Note
that this environment will be completely isolated from everything else on
your system, so you don't have to worry about conflicting installations.

$ conda create -n mp -c conda-forge pymeep

Activate the environment (this must be done each time you open a terminal).

$ conda activate mp

Now your terminal prompt will have a (mp) in front of it, indicating that
the "mp" environment is active.

Next, as described in the documentation (
https://meep.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Installation/#conda-packages)
matplotlib requires an extra step on Mac. We must set the backend to TkAgg

$ echo "backend: TkAgg" >> ~/.matplotlib/matplotlibrc

Now we need the example scripts from the github repo. Clone the repo if you
haven't already:

$ git clone https://github.com/NanoComp/meep.git
$ cd meep

We need to ensure that the examples correspond to the same version of meep
that we installed (1.8.0).

$ git checkout v1.8.0
$ cd python/examples

Run some examples

$ python 3rd-harm-1d.py

If you experience any issues, please send detailed reports of the errors.

Chris