On 4/4/19 09:09, Quang Nguyen wrote:

I have reproduced the structure in MEEP and run the simulation. My far-field spectra has some similar features but doesn’t particularly match otherwise. I think it might be up to a normalization issue. Thus I was wondering how to properly normalize the far-field for different wavelengths when using a broadband source.

Normalization of the far fields will typically involve the same procedure used to compute the reflectance/transmittance <https://meep.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Python_Tutorials/Basics/#transmittance-spectrum-of-a-waveguide-bend>, i.e.: (1) in an empty cell with just your sources, compute the near fields and save the data using get_near2far_data <https://meep.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Python_User_Interface/#near-to-far-field-spectra> (or save_near2far), then (2) with your structure, compute the near fields but invoke load_minus_near2far_data (or load_minus_near2far) prior to time stepping. You then divide the far fields from (2) by those in (1) to obtain a fractional value less than unity. Note that we recently added support for periodic boundaries (#769 <https://github.com/NanoComp/meep/pull/769>).