Hello,

I realized that if I set the k_point value to simulate periodic setups, this changes the size of the arrays that I retrieve via get_array. If set, the dielectric array (scene geometry) is two cells bigger (e.g. 323x42 instead of 320x40) and the field components (e.g. ez) is one cell bigger (321x41). (My field is 1x0.125 units at a resolution of 320, so 320x40 is the 'right' size. I am using complex fields.)

Having more cells for the periodicity is somewhat plausible, but why are the geometry and field arrays of different size?

And lets say I want to plot the field values on top of the geometry. What is the correct way to handle the differences? Should I interpolate the arrays or just discard cells? If I wanted to set the geometry explicitly (via the default_material parameter), which size should I create the array in?

Last question: If I do not use k_points and directly pass an array of size 320x40 as default_material and then retrieve the geometry array it is still interpolated (even though eps_averaging=False). (I change a single cell in the input and 3x3 cells are different in the retrieved geometry.) Does the interpolation happen when I set the array or when I retrieve it? Is this effect due to the Yee grid or just an additional smoothing step? Can it be 'disabled'?

Kind regards,

Jonathan