Unfortunately, there is not much you can do besides increase the L parameter
and the number of iterations.

Increasing the diameter of a simulation relative to the wavelength increases
the condition number, which worsens the convergence of iterative solvers.  The
general way to improve this is to implement a more sophisticated iterative
solver that employs preconditioners.  Preconditioning wave equations
(Helmholtz-like equations) is notoriously difficult to do well, but some
possible strategies are discussed in
https://github.com/NanoComp/meep/issues/548