Note that due to the Fourier Uncertainty Principle, the runtime should be at least ~1/frequency resolution. In practice, the runtime may even have to be twice as large as demonstrated in https://meep.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Python_Tutorials/Custom_Source/#stochastic-dipole-emission-in-light-emitting-diodes. Try switching to the meep.Simulation(run=run_time) run function and repeatedly double run_time.