You just need to apply an amp_func function to your source, with an
appropriate spatial profile. The function takes as argument a vector
giving the spatial offset from the centre of the source, allowing you to
specify a scaled exponential fall-off from the centre. You can also
return a complex amplitude to spatially vary the phase and steer the beam.

It's pretty well covered in the documentation.

Ian