I would step back and ask why you want such a small Δt.    If you drastically
shrink Δt, the accuracy will still be limited by your spatial resolution Δx, so
it is not clear what you hope to learn.

Furthermore, if your frequency is 1THz, then a timestep of 0.0264ps is only
about 2% of a cycle, so the solution should be changing very slowly on that
timescale (in a linear system).   If your frequency is < 1THz, e.g. 300GHz,
then this is even more true.

(Note that the wavelength in vacuum corresponding to 1THz is 0.3mm, so
30pixel/mm would be only 9 pixels per wavelength, which is quite a coarse
resolution.  But perhaps your actual frequency is more like 300GHz, in which
case that spatial resolution is more reasonable — and Δt=0.0264ps is even more
unreasonable.)