Thank you and I will try increasing the resolution.

My research lies in physically-based rendering in Computer Graphics,
where I would like to apply wave optics to improve the accuracy of
ray-based material models used in computer graphics. We are making the
assumption that we are in the far-field of the scatterer so that the
scattering distribution is only dependent on direction, and that can be
conveniently fit into a modern rendering system that is based on ray
tracing. I see that for a periodic structure we get a finite number of
diffraction orders. I was thinking of having a proper period length (eg
18um in length) and that can give us a relatively good sampling amount in
the longitudinal direction (~90) at visible light wavelength, which I could
potentially interpolate on. This project is at an early stage though. In
previous work, we used BEM and solve for the cross-section scattering
(assuming infinitely long cylinders) and then applied a longitudinal
blurring to get 3D scattering function. Now we’d like to move to full 3D
and try with FDTD first but I guess we would still like to study the far
field scattering distribution first.