Thank you very much for the reply. So I should, for example, use the Drude
model to fit the graphene conductivity over the desired frequency range and
follow the tip from FAQ and assign it in the form of an anisotropic volumetric
conductivity (or permittivity) to a block with a 1/resolution thickness and
conductivity(permittivity)*resolution?

“How do I model graphene or other 2d materials with single-atom thickness?

Typically, graphene and similar "2d" materials are mathematically represented
as a delta function<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirac_delta_function>
conductivity in Maxwell's equations because their thickness is negligible
compared to the wavelength, where the conductivity is furthermore usually
anisotropic (producing surface-parallel currents in response to the
surface-parallel components of the electric field). In a discretized computer
model like Meep, this is approximated by an anisotropic volume conductivity (or
other polarizable dispersive material) whose thickness is proportional to
(1/resolution) and whose amplitude is proportional resolution. For example,
this could be represented by a one-pixel-thick
conductor<https://meep.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Materials/#conductivity-and-complex>
 can be represented by e.g. a
Block<https://meep.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Python_User_Interface/#block> with
size=meep.Vector3(x,y,1/resolution) in a 3d cell, with the value of the
conductivity explicitly multiplied by resolution. “

I suppose a surface conductivity model (found in some commercial FDTD solvers)
is not currently available and there is only a volumetric approach. I will try
to implement it the volumetric conductivity approach then.

Once again thank you for your time.

Best wishes

Nikolaos