On 10/11/2020 20:54, Ardavan Oskooi wrote:

For a 2d cell, you need to set force_all_components=True in the Simulation constructor.

Thanks, Ardavan. In my hands, if I implement a single source with eg beam_E0=mp.Vector3(1, 0, 1j), force_all_components=True has no effect; all fields are zero throughout the run. On the other hand, if I add two sources with respectively beam_E0=mp.Vector3(1, 0, 0) and beam_E0=mp.Vector3(0, 0, 1j), all is well and I get a circular polarized beam.

Very confusing, but my problem is solved.

Thanks for all your help,

Ian