Dear all and Prof. Johnson,

I have written a code that studies the polarization dependent scattering
properties of a plasmonic nanodisks. As a test material I used gold from the
material library included with Meep and everything works well. For the actual
simulation that I am interested in I need to include the dispersive in plane
anisotropic conductivity of single layer Black phosphorus.

As explained here
https://www.mail-archive.com/meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg06578.html and
in the meep FAQ the properties of dispersive 2D materials can be fitted with
the use of the DrudeSusceptibility and LorentzianSusceptibility while defining
the structure thickness as 1/resolution and multiplying the conductivity by the
resolution.

Can the same be achieved for materials that have in plane anisotropic
conductivity? The difficulty I am having is that I am unware of how I can
define these properties in Meep for a material like Black phosphorus that
involves in plane anisotropy and requires a tensor to properly describe its
conductivity.

I was wondering if there is an available example or information that I may have
missed.

I apologize for taking your time once again and I am grateful for your help.
Thank you for providing such an excellent simulation tool free of charge.

Best wishes
Nikolaos