Hi,

I would like to simulate an oblique incident plane wave with different
frequencies on a periodic structure. According to a previous post (
https://www.mail-archive.com/meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg00691.html),
I should conduct the simulation for each frequency separately and use a
narrow-band source. My understanding is we can specify one periodic
condition at a time and at a specific incident angle, only one frequency
satisfies that condition.

If I choose to use narrow-band sources to simulate different frequencies,
I'm wondering if there is a way to estimate how narrow it should be because
the simulation becomes more expensive as I keep making it narrower. Does
the width depend on the sampling frequency I want or something else?

A second question is that I found it very expensive to rerun simulations
for different incident angles and frequencies. And I was wondering if it is
possible to run the different incident angle and wavelength combinations
together, where each combination satisfies the periodic boundary condition.
For example, if my periodic boundary condition is exp(2 * pi * i * k_z * z)
then I change the frequency and incident direction together so that
k*sin(theta) is always k_z, where theta is the angle between the incident
direction and the x-y plane.

Thank you!

Mandy Xia