Hello community:
 I have a problem with the capture of the reflection value from a MMI
component. I know that the logic for capture the spectrum of the reflection of
any component, first we simulate a simple straight waveguide with the
dimensions of the input of the component and capture the transmission and
reflection for this case. After that, we put the geomtry of our device and
again we capture the reflection and transmission component, before we load the
negative values of the reflection monitor.

FIrst step, straight waveguide:
refl_fr = mp.FluxRegion(center=mp.Vector3(-0.5*cell_x+1*dpml+0.5,0,0),
size=mp.Vector3(0,3*taper_in_width,0))
refl = sim.add_flux(fcen, df, nfreq, refl_fr)
straight_refl_data = sim.get_flux_data(refl)

Second step, with the geometry:
sim.load_minus_flux_data(refl, straight_refl_data)
mmi_refl_flux = mp.get_fluxes(refl)

And this value has to be negative (we have to use minus sign to plot the
reflection, for example). My problem is that the final value is positive, so
the reflection monitor capture part of the tranmission flux and no the
reflection.

So, what could be the problem???

Thank very much for the discussion and support.

Jorge Fernandez
Phd Student UNICAMP