From: Steven G. Johnson<mailto:stevenj....@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2020 3:44 PM
To: Juan Ramón D<mailto:deop...@hotmail.com>
Cc: meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu<mailto:meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [Meep-discuss] RAM issues

You could try using a coordinate transformation to simulate a non-uniform
resolution, to increase resolution in your metal layer:

https://meep.readthedocs.io/en/latest/FAQ/#does-meep-support-grids-with-non-uniform-discretization

Plasmonic effects are pretty challenging for FDTD because of the resolution
requirements, in general — I often switch to finite-element or boundary-element
methods in that case.

On Nov 26, 2020, at 7:22 AM, Juan Ramón D