I checked the configure output and it says "checking for Fortran 77
name-mangling scheme... unknown configure: WARNING: unknown Fortran
name-mangling scheme" so it seems that it had some trouble with the Fortran
compiler. I think gfortran is installed in the system and I also have it
installed using conda. I also tried to explicitly pass in F77=gfortran when
configuring MEEP, and the configure process stopped with the following
error "configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails". I'm
wondering if there is a way to fix this. Thanks!