A couple of questions to the more experienced Python developers here.

I have been working with my Fronius Symo solar inverter to extract data
from the onboard API.   It's actually a reasonably simple process of making
a web request and then processing the resulting JSON.

There is one third party module, pyfronius, that has been written already
that sort of performs these requests, but when I look inside the code I
find myself asking lots of whys.    There are a couple of things that the
author has done that don't seem Pythonic  and I was wondering if somebody
could help clear up my thoughts.

The two things I have noticed that I want to query

1)  Everything in the __init__.py
2)  Using Asynchronous web calls to the API

Everything in the __init__.py file:
The functional part of the module consists of a single __init__.py file.
All the code is in this file.  My understanding of the usage of this file
is to provide a layout of the actual code files and perform global imports
etc.  The __init__.py references online never talk about putting actual
code in there.   Putting code in the file doesn't seem to be the right
thing to do.      I have seen this a couple of times with more obscure
modules and my uninformed gut instinct is to say that the developer didnt
quite know what they were doing.

Using Asynchronous web calls to the API:
The developer has used the asyncio module to perform the web queries and
has used a lot of @asyncio.coroutine functions throughout the code.
This doesn't seem... right for a module that simply goes to the web server
and says "gime what you got... hmm.. yup.. thanks"
This one is a little more along the lines of "developer choice"  I think
the method chosen overly complicates the design of the module.
It seems something like requests could have been a better choice of module
to use.

Now,  I'm not trying to point fingers at the original developer.  There may
be perfectly logical and sensible and Pythonic reasons for doing what they
have done.    I'm hoping a more experienced developer can hypothesis.

I am writing my own module to talk to the inverter.  Originally it was
based on pyfronius but I have found myself completely reworking the methods
to try and add exception handling and layout the code in a slightly better
layout.

I would be interested to know other peoples comments about the style..
David