> I realize that, I just wasn't sure what components were associated with those
> DLLs as of when the setup script was created. I got it to build locally
> (though Meld exits with "application requested runtime to terminate in an
> unusual way" after it's installed. On Appveyor it still fails with "error:
> invalid command 'bdist_msi'" for some reason. I tossed what I have so far
> into https://gitlab.gnome.org/keeganwitt/meld/tree/meld-3-18-mingw.

It looks that problem was in multiline & escaping syntax for yml
(I haven't experience with publishing patch sets, so I created merge request as
a representation of a patchset; sorry if it is inconvenient)
https://gitlab.gnome.org/keeganwitt/meld/merge_requests/1

After those modifications the bdist_msi command started (and failed for lacking
some dlls, different for 32 and 64 bit case)
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/galkinvv/meld-ljlj2/build/job/ocd53kml05yobxym
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/galkinvv/meld-ljlj2/build/job/tqo4ht1m1ms4k569

> On another topic: anybody else seeing this error when closing Meld built with
> the AIO setup (it only happens when the prompt asking whether you want to
> save the changes occurs)?
Unfortunately I can't see the image - both in my mail client (web) and in meld
list archives.