I'm not sure how well a reverse proxy would fit our needs, having
never used one before. The way we do streaming is a client sends a one-
time-use key to the stream server. The key is used to determine which
file should be streamed, and then the file is returned. The effect is
that no two requests are identical, and that code must be run for
every single request to verify the request and lookup the appropriate
file. Is it possible or practical to use a reverse proxy in that way?

Jay