20 or so processes and set ~1/2MB of data using keys generated by
Data::UUID.  I didn't specify an expires time for these sets.

I then started to see a few timeouts w/o connecting like in the examples:

Fail: (timeout: 1) (elapsed: 1.00427794) (conn: 0.00000000) (set:
0.00000000) (get: 0.00000000)

I'm just starting to look at this now, but the network cards are not
showing errors or dropped packets.  I couldn't get enough timeouts where
changing the timeout value made much difference.

Anyone have any additional suggestions for debugging these?

And I assume unrelated to the timeout errors, but while testing I started
to get server errors on my script writing the large data to Memcached:

SERVER_ERROR out of memory storing object

Are those failed malloc calls?  I'm suspecting that this is related to my
old version of Memcached (per this thread):

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/memcached/QD7a-6JdqgA

But, I just started up another instance of Memcached using the defaults (-m
64) and cannot get it to fail with that error.

The machine where I was getting the out of memory errors has plenty of room:

 $ free
Mem:       8059188    5006444    3052744          0     284740     215796
-/+ buffers/cache:    4505908    3553280
Swap:     10289144          0   10289144

Any chance the timeouts are somehow related?

--
Bill Moseley
mose...@hank.org