Hi Dormando,
Thanks for the help. I tried the steps you mentioned but end up getting
similar error. However, the error is slightly different this time.
Why is it still pointing to '/tmp/memcached-sasl-db' when the
SASL_CONF_PATH specifies the location of the db file.

OKALE-M-33H5:sasl okale$ pwd
/Users/okale/sasl
OKALE-M-33H5:sasl okale$ cat memcached.conf
mech_list: plain
log_level: 5
sasldb_path: /Users/okale/sasl/memcached-sasl-pwdb
OKALE-M-33H5:sasl okale$ echo testpass | saslpasswd2 -f
/Users/okale/sasl/memcached-sasl-pwdb -a memcached -c -p testuser
OKALE-M-33H5:sasl okale$ SASL_CONF_PATH="/Users/okale/sasl" memcached -S -v
Reading configuration from: </Users/okale/sasl>
Initialized SASL.
mech:  ``PLAIN'' with 26 bytes of data
WARNING: Failed to open sasl database </tmp/memcached-sasl-db>: No such
file or directory
SASL (severity 2): Password verification failed
sasl result code:  -20
Unknown sasl response:  -20
^CSignal handled: Interrupt: 2.
OKALE-M-33H5:sasl okale$
OKALE-M-33H5:sasl okale$
OKALE-M-33H5:sasl okale$

On client side:
OKALE-M-33H5:mycode okale$ ./testsasl testuser testpass 127.0.0.1
Set failed: FAILED TO SEND AUTHENTICATION TO SERVER
OKALE-M-33H5:mycode okale$ ./testsasl testuser testpass localhost
Set failed: AUTHENTICATION FAILURE
OKALE-M-33H5:mycode okale$

Any idea why?

Thanks and Regards,