Hey,

Definitely not enough information from what you provide here. Typically
"CPU usage goes up" isn't correlated to "memcached is slow". You usually
see CPU usage go down, because the servers are waiting on data over the
network and are thus idle.

This can change in a few ways, ie; if your PHP servers have low timeouts
and are spin-looping/etc. Or some change in traffic is making lots of
calls to memcached, which translates to lots of syscalls, which translates
to CPU usage on the PHP servers.

Sorry, unfortunately this is too general of an issue. It's common to
wonder if an issue is memcached or not, and we have this wiki page to help
troubleshoot that: https://github.com/memcached/memcached/wiki/Timeouts -
don't skip steps! use the conn tester, read it carefully, etc.