On 26/02/12 05:56, superccxin wrote:
> Hi all, recently i am trying to run Mer on my 6410 board but i always got some
> strange
> questions, and now i wonder should i learn the Mer source codes to help me
> dubug.
> i mean is that a wiki to show how the Mer boot up like which is the first
> process after
> init and etc...also, i think it will be better for people like me to learn Mer
> if there
> is a guide about Mer(source level)

Mer is a fairly standard linux system so the bootup process is not special.

Typically bootup from the board is handled by a vendor's boot system - like
uboot - this hands control over to the kernel and provides a suitable command
line to say where the rootfs is and what to use to boot the OS. This is in the
"Hardware Adaptation" and varies from vendor to vendor.

After that Mer uses systemd to handle the boot process (and I will be
documenting this in more detail but there's nothing special).

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd  is a good place to start.

On to Mer code : http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Category:About is a great place
to find out about Mer concepts - and "Source" is in there too.

If you do want to debug then we've recently been working on the platform SDK
which will help you build custom binaries and images.

Hope this helps

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."