On Friday, December 6, 2013 08:50:37 freebi...@fastmail.fm wrote:
> ARM devices are being used as desktop replacement systems. Raspberry pi,
> cubieboard, udoo and pcduino can connect to a lapdock. Can the improv
> board?

Yes, better than most of the ones you listed, in fact. However, I re-iterate
that Improv is first and foremost a development board. You can use it as a
desktop replacement, but that’s not its design goal. We will be producing
things that are more appropriate in this area in future, however.

> However, a graphical desktop to me implies preinstalled GUI packages.

Well, yes. What I linked to comes preinstalled.

> Could you please answer my question of what preinstalled GUI packages
> are in Mer linux by including your answer on your website and in this
> mailing list?

I already did answer you here: everything I listed in my last email comes
preinstalled.

We will be adding additional information to the website, but currently it
states on:

        http://makeplaylive.com/#/open-hardware/improv/discover

That it comes with KDE Plasma Desktop and Plasma Active. A full list of
graphical software available for it will be forthcoming on the website later.

--
Aaron J. Seigo